joi, 23 decembrie 2010

Lament of the Valkyrie (p2)

I once knew a man, a man who had come from distant lands and over the seas and that man took my heart. He awoke me from the frozen slumber I lay into and poured life into me together with himself.

I once knew a man whose face lit the whole of the world for me, whose heartbeat was the only sound the world ever made for me. He gave me life again and warmth, with his love. He gave me a heart.

I once knew a man, the blood of Vikings running through his veins, who fought all, come hell or high water, to find me and bring me to life. He taught me how to live and, more than anything, how to love once more.

I once knew a man I loved and who once loved me back. Now that man is away and, although my love for him is unaltered still, he has forgotten me, in a land far from here where he found another to claim his heart.

My lord, my saviour, my love is away, both in distance but in heart too. He has forgotten the maiden who awaits for him still, in a land surrounded by ice, just like my heart is becoming once more.

My Sigurd has forsaken me and now he comes to claim me once more, but not for himself, but merely to gift me to another man. I am a valkyrie still and although my heart still yearns for him, this will not stand.

You came to me when all was cold, you came to me when all was frozen, my love, and now that cold is coming back once more, biting into my heart itself and closing itself upon me in this blighted place of doom. You came back, but not to me, my love. You came to heal yourself, Sigurd…

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu