marți, 5 aprilie 2011

Saddle my horse, as I drink my last ale

... I've been standing in front of an empty page for hours now, maybe since 10 in the morning (it's 4 PM now) and I still can't find my words. This morning I got a very sad news. Scott Columbus is no longer amongst us. Six hours later and a part of me still refuses to believe it.


I grew up into the person I am today listening to Manowar. The story is somewhere here on this blog and if you speak Romanian and want to read it, there's a search button somewhere on the right. But I diverge. Scott Columbus is no more. I try to make myself believe, but a part of me refuses. He was one of the Immortals, one of the "kings of metal". He shouldn't have been allowed to die.


Despite Joey firing him in 2008, his importance in Manowar is still overwhelming. I myself consider him the best drummer Manowar's ever had, having both Rhino's raw power but also a very special technique of his own, which made him into a great musician. Although I've seen Manowar live twice, he had already left the band by then and I never got to enjoy his talent live.


Please, please, excuse my babbling. I am still too shocked. RIP Scott.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu