miercuri, 30 noiembrie 2011

Best Concerts in 2011

Since I don't think I'll get to see anymore concerts this year (not really interested in anything else but Hammerfall, and I really can't go see them), I think it's safe to write this now.

10. Epica (29th of march, The Silver Church Club)

As I said before, Epica aren't on my "beloved bands" list, but I do respect them as musicians and it was a nice concert to see. Funnily enough, it was not Simone who really caught my eye, but the guys. They work very well together, as a band, and the Imperial March moment was pretty goddamn awesome in itself.

9. Sonata Arctica (13th of august, Artmania Festival day 1, Sibiu)

It was one of the bands I was really excited about in Artmania and one of the beloved bands of my adolescence. It was a very nice concert and Toni Kakko is one of the best and cutest vocalists Finland's ever offered us. It's on the 9 th place only because I could not really enjoy the concert because of an idiot who stalked me. And that chaffed my willy.

8. Monarchy (30th of september, The Silver Church Club)

As I stated before, Monarchy is one band I really trust in, since they are new and fresh in our music. And the concert in Silver Church did not disappoint. They are fun to listen to and full of energy. And I really hope they'll have a lot of success with what they're doing. Plus any band that has the Imperial March as its  concert intro is worth at least a listening ;)

7. Tim "Ripper" Owens (20th of february, Kulturhaus Club)

This was a concert I almost didn't get to, since I wasn't in a very prosperous situation at the time, but a friend gave me a ticket as a gift for the 1st of march and so I went and saw him in the end. And it's a good thing I did, since Owens is indeed one hell of a vocalist. I am somehow sorry Judas Priest kicked him out, although I do prefer Halford over him. His band isn't really perfect, but he is, and he can run through anything from Dio to Metallica with a lots of ease. I am glad I got to see him. 

6. Sabaton (2nd of july, Rock the City, day 2)

Even though I've seen Sabaton 2 times before, in Sweden, I figured what the hell and got a 3-days pass for the festival. And boy didn't I regret it for one moment. The Swedes are just as I remembered them: funny, entertaining, and very dedicate to their music. I screamed, jumped and headbanged like hell. I hope they come back soon, since they're an entertaining band that can always put a smile on my face.

5. Dark Tranquillity (19th of may, Silver Church Club)

I'd seen these Swedes before, too (2010, Artmania) and boy did I have an awesome time. So on the 19th of may, with my new good friend Kay, I went to see them again. And I did not regret one bit. Despite singing in front of a much smaller crowd than at Sibiu,  both the band and the concert-goers seemed to have the time of their lives and in the end it turned out to be an event which one shouldn't have missed. Except for some wacko who kept disturbing me and my friend (and whom the guards stopped halfway through), it was an awesome night. Also, no opening band, which more often than not is a good thing.

4. Helloween (12th of august, Artmania Festival day 1, Sibiu)

Although I regretted when Nevermore canceled their concert in Sibiu, I cannot say I was sorry that it was Helloween who took their place, since the Germans are a band that still works damn fine and Andi Deris is one hell of a vocalist, charming and talented and who easily gains the public over. It was one of my "to see" bands and my expectations were not failed. I cannot say how awesome it was. But the next day was a difficult day for my neck. 

3. Amon Amarth (19th of november, Arenele Romane)

11 days after the concert and somehow I still feel the energy and the raw power in my blood. Both me and the friend I went there with had a really good time. It was indeed something not to miss and I hope it won't take them 20 years to return. I for one will be waiting, axe in hand. 

2. Blind Guardian (1st of may, Arenele Romane)

I remember how pissed of I was when my dad didn't allow me to go and see them the first time when they came to Romania and this time around I wasn't gonna miss them. It was indeed an event an, besides offering me a great time, it was also the day when I met one of my dearest friends, Kay, and the  awesome Iulia. The Germans are indeed awesome and I must admit i shed a tear during The Bard's Song (in the forest).

1. Judas Priest (3rd of july, Rock the City, day 3).

One life, I'm gonna live it up.And so I did. Judas Priest was a band I always liked and one of the first I listened to (when my dad played Painkiller for me, as a child) and since I could not see them in 2008 (university admission exam *grumble*), I wasn't gonna miss this occasion. Together with some of my dearest friends, I went to see the Metal Gods. And gods they were indeed. This is a concert I will tell my children of with great pride.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu